Multi-Disciplined Engineering Assessor
Tamworth, Permanent. £35,657 + Market Supplement
Protocol are pleased to announce a brand-new permanent vacancy with South Staffordshire College.
South Staffordshire College are driven to inspire, empower and broaden talent. They are an exciting college with excellent workshops, facilities and high quality restaurants.
With a very generous salary we are hoping to attract the very best engineering talents to pass on their skills to the next generation.
We are looking for an Apprenticeship Assessor to join their Engineering department to train, develop, support and assess apprentices working within an Engineering environment across a range of disciplines and levels, including frameworks, standards and higher apprenticeships. The role will also involve working with leading multi-national employers to develop bespoke training/apprenticeship programmes within the College and out in the workplace.
Candidates will have a strong track record of getting apprentices over the line and supporting them throughout their qualifications.
- To train, develop, support and assess apprentices working within an Engineering environment across a range of disciplines and levels.
- Higher Apprenticeships
- Plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques in both classroom and workshop situations.
- Delivering prescribed inductions, offering advice and guidance, both initially and throughout the programme, including progression opportunities
- Participating in the enrolment of the apprentice, including assisting the employer in recruitment if required
- Working with Awarding Bodies such as SEMTA, City and Guilds, Pearson from level 2 through to Degree level
The person & qualifications
As a multi-disciplined engineering assessor you will have experience with as many as possible of the following:
- Mechanical engineering
- Fabrication and Welding
- Maintenance and Electronic Engineering
- An assessors award and assessing experience is essential for this post
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.