Are you a Learning Support Assistant looking to work within a great college, with a lively student body within easy access to both road and rail. Protocol are working closely with this highly rated South West London College who would like to speak to experienced or budding Learning Support Assistants who are passionate about providing additional support to students to enable them to overcome their barriers.
You will be a key player in enabling students to overcome barriers to learning due to learning difficulties and disabilities, specific learning difficulties, physical and sensory impairments, mental health problems, low literacy and numeracy levels or difficulties with motivation and behaviour.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply now.
- Communicate regularly with course lecturers and other Learning Support staff to share appropriate information relating to assessment, planning, delivery and review of support
- Provide assistance to individuals or groups in a wide range of activities that are included in the learning programme.
- Assist the lecturer within the learning environment so support is delivered sensitivity and effectively.
- Act as an advocate for students, in and out of class.
- Keep careful records of all LSA support provided.
The person & qualifications
- English and Maths up to Level 2
- Good IT, numeracy, oral and written communication skills
- A sound understanding of the need for Additional Learning Support
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills so as to be able to form effective relationships with young people and a wide range of professionals.
- Experience of working with young people or adults with learning difficulties, preferably in an educational setting
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.