Protocol are currently partnered with a large West Midlands based college group to recruit an established Carpentry and Joinery Assessor for their construction department. This is a renowned college who are looking to bolster their construction course provision with a fantastic and highly-experienced Carpentry and Joinery candidate. This opportunity will see the successful candidate join the college team on a full-time permanent basis. Boasting two different sites and a fully furnished Construction centre these FE leaders are seeking a confident and motivated Carpentry professional as new addition to their team. If this sounds like the next opportunity for you, read on and get in touch.
- To collaborate with colleagues to create new opportunities for learners
- To set assessments for students and carry out these assessments
- To take part in internal verification activity, with colleagues
- Deliver a range of programmes including Carpentry, at Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Assess candidates on-site
- Participate as an Internal Verifier on Carpentry programmes.
- Develop resources and materials as required.
- Work as part of a team to plan, deliver and develop this area.
- Oversee carpentry apprentices progress to ensure all elements are fulfilled
- To teach carpentry subjects within the vocational programmes of study
The person & qualifications
- You must have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have a minimum of a L3 in a relevant subject Carpentry and Joinery
- Recent experience of on-site assessment for Carpentry courses
- Must be enthusiastic and inspiring to learners
- Hold an Assessing qualification
- Hold an IQA qualification (desirable)
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.