This well-established College in the West Midlands are seeking an Employment Skills Sector Trainer to join them on a temporary contract for 20 hours per week. . They offer a wide range of courses taught by award-winning, industry experienced professional tutors. The College are ambitious in what they do and pride themselves in assisting you in the best way possible throughout your career.
This well-known, successful College have won a number of awards, most recently being awarded ‘Training Provider of the Year’. They boast very strong links with leading Universities and over 1,000 employers meaning their courses are always up-to-date and relevant.
The fantastic facilities available range from a hair salon, spa, sports centres, an academic bakery & restaurant, creative arts facilities to onsite parking and gym access. The College also has a GOOD rating graded by OFSTED.
- You will be responsible for providing a quality service of delivery to learners; devise bespoke training programmes to meet the requirements of Employers.
- To manage a caseload of learners and support to identify progression routes to an apprenticeship, employment or full-time education.
- Representing/Selling (products or services) Contacting customers, new/established customers, answering enquiries, making enquiries, negotiating. For example, attend college open days/evenings and external events as required.
- To actively promote the college as a business and all the products to the wider community.
- To actively liaise with employers and external agencies to identify suitable work placement opportunities and to maintain contact with employers whilst learners are on placement conducting fortnightly progress reviews.
- Communicating Informing/Discussing/Interviewing Answering questions, dictating, constructive criticism, verbal reports, providing information, structured/unstructured interviewing For example, where possible to provide information, advice and guidance to employers and potential learners about the programmes the department runs.
- To ensure that the initial assessments are then tailored and relevant to the individual needs and adapt session plans to ensure student inclusion.
- To liaise with colleagues to undertake assessment of student needs’ in order to inform their learning support. Managing People Appraising/Developing (others/self) Recruitment/promotion, performance, work on-job tuition, demonstrating learning, showing patience For example, participate in the college appraisal scheme and to actively participate in identifying training and development needs and to attend appropriate training as and when required. Ensure that professional training to keep the occupational competency is kept up to date.
The person & qualifications
- PTLLS Qualified or prepared to work towards it and achieve it
- Hold English and Maths GCSE Grade C qualification
- Experience of assessing relevant programmes including caseloads
- Proven record of relevant and current vocational experience
- Demonstrable experience of internal and external verification processes with Awarding Bodies
- Knowledge of IT windows based systems i.e. word, excel, powerpoint
- Proven knowledge of health & safety practices from an assessors point of view
- Training skills / presentation skills
- Strong customer focus – able to articulate when the learner has been put at the centre of all activities
- Experience of identifying and realising potential business opportunities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team and use own initiative
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Experience of setting up new programmes and developing new materials
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.