Protocol are delighted to invite an experienced learning support assistant with experience in learning disabilities, difficulties and differences to join the learning support team within a college based in the West midlands. With the aim to “help learners succeed.”
The primary purpose of the Support Worker within this role is to provide the support necessary for our learners to engage in the targeted educational activities and to maximise the benefit of our specialist setting. Working as part of a small, but dedicated team, the Support Worker will engage in practices which respect the rights of our learners and develop individual opportunity for each young person to lead a more independent life.
This role is full time running on an ongoing basis.
The person & qualifications
- Experience working within a learning support/ support working role
- evidence of working with young people with complex needs (both learning and physical)
- experience helping and supporting learners achieve their goals
- Experience of using de-escalation strategies and working with learners with communication difficulties
- Understanding of SEND reforms and Preparation for Adulthood
- Understanding of a range of complex learning disabilities and differences including non-verbal communication techniques
- Understanding of target setting and the impact on learning outcomes
- Motivation to work in a challenging environment with children and young people.
- Ability to form personal boundaries in an environment with young people and vulnerable adults.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.