Protocol are delighted to be working with a highly rated College set on the heart of Essex who are looking to hire a full-time Carpentry Lecturer to start immediately.
The College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all member of staff, employees of partner organisations, volunteers and agencies or subcontractors providing staff or services to the College Group to share this commitment.
- To teach on courses/ programmes within the department and support associated courses throughout the College and carry out all associated administrative duties.
- Creates a climate for mutual planning with learners through effective communication, negotiation and advice.
- Diagnoses learners’ needs and identifies potential barriers to learning.
- Designs programme content to satisfy identified learning needs.
- Adopts appropriate pedagogic techniques and materials to deliver the programme and meet the learning objectives.
- Organises and accompanies students on trips and visits.
- Contributes to the development of new programmes of study and programme plans.
- Writes programme aims and objectives.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient working of the Department.
- Takes responsibility for personal development, attends conventions, conferences and other similar activities and updating events.
The person & qualifications
- Teaching Qualification
- Degree or equivalent and/or a professional qualification
- Must hold both English and Maths qualification equivalent to GCSE C or above or 4+ / CSE Level 1 / O-Level C or above / Adult Numeracy or Literacy = Level 2
- IT Competent
- Have good communication skills
- Have good organisational skills
- Candidates will take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and will therefore be suitable to work with children
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion on.
If you are interested in this position, please click the link below.