Protocol are working with a leading College based in the South Croydon area who are currently recruiting for a full time Learning Support Assistant.
The college are highly experienced in successfully delivering vocational qualifications and offer an exciting variety of courses at a wide range of levels. In addition to this, they work alongside a wide range of employers and are therefore able to offer Apprenticeships in many areas.
Last Academic year the College achieved 100% pass rate on their Level 3 vocational courses with 70% achieving the highest grades. Progression rates are on a high, with 94% of students having successfully progressed to University, Employment or an Apprenticeship.
The college has high quality, industry standard facilities inclusive of state-of-the-art digital media Suites, photography studios, spa & nursery facilities and on-site hair and beauty salons. The Learning Resource Centre, complete with specialist facilities, complements their Student Services Centre which provides a one stop service to enrich the student experience. Other facilities include a competition standard sports hall and fitness gym and first class Science Labs. The ten-acre site also includes a well- maintained football pitch.
- Support teaching staff in training and delivery of the curriculum to students with learning difficulties, language needs and/or disabilities.
- Assist individual students, small groups or all classes in a wide range of individual activities and learning experiences under the direction of teaching staff, Subject Facilitator Coaches and managers
- Use a range of learning aids and strategies, including assistive technologies to support students with needs e.g. assist students with the organisation and completion of their college work, note-taking, research.
- Help Subject Facilitator Coaches and teaching staff in the identification and development of appropriate resources for individual learning.
The person & qualifications
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team member.
- A proven ability to work supportively with colleagues
- Proficient in the use of IT appropriate to this post, including the use of assistive technologies
- Experience at supporting students and dealing with behavioural issues
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.