Protocol are currently recruiting with a long-standing provider of education for a temporary Student Counsellor in the West London area.
Having been around for over 100 years, this client has a wealth of experience and a strong reputation behind it. Recently merged with local institutes to form a successful college group, they have recently been graded by Ofsted as GOOD in June 2016.
- To provide a professional counselling service to the College, its students and staff to ensure that students are helped to complete their courses and to reach their full potential
- To act as a point of referral for safeguarding issues
- Work within the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice to ensure an accountable, impartial, professional counselling service
- Provide one to one counselling to students in accordance with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Code of Ethics and Practice
- Clinically assess students for suitability to the service and make appropriate referrals for students requiring the intervention of specialist mental health or allied services
- Liaise with external statutory, health and voluntary sector bodies regarding students using these services
- Manage a caseload and waiting list and report regularly to The Head of Service on status of these
- Complete all additional tasks to the best of ability
The person & qualifications
- Candidates must be BACP, UKCP or BABCP accredited
- Have experience of counselling a 16-25 year old age group
- Experience of counselling clients from Socially Excluded Groups
- Significant experience of working in Mental Health, Voluntary or Public Sector settings
- DBS dated within the last 12 months or registered on the Update Service
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.