Protocol are working with a fantastic East Midlands based college to recruit various full-time Achievement Coaches for the next four months; you will provide support to students in various academic areas including Electrical, Engineering, Construction and Automotive – you do not need to be occupationally competent in these areas. As one of the largest further education providers in the country, this college offers a huge range of vocational and academic courses, helping their students find routes into higher education or their dream career. This education powerhouse is looking to bolster its Learning Support and Student Achievement Team.
If you are an individual who strives to best support students both pastorally and academically through different teaching and learning strategies, we can to hear from you.
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI, Health and Safety and the well-being of all our students and staff
- To complete and remain up to date with Mandatory Training
- To participate in the College Professional Development and Review (PDR) Scheme
- Provide individual pastoral and progression support to students to ensure they achieve their outcomes and programme of study
- Support the delivery of a full and appropriate pastoral tutorial programme
- Attendance Management, including working with students to improve attendance, check and follow up trends and issues to support retention and achievement
- Set non-academic and employability skills targets, and monitor overall progress against targets
- Work closely with curriculum colleagues to set actions through individual action plans where required
- Supporting students to secure work experience opportunities, including agreeing outcomes and evaluating the placement or experience of work.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant Coaching or Teaching Qualification
- Level 2 Maths and English or equivalent
- Relevant qualification in care/ classroom work
- Work in post 16 sector
- Recent experience of working with young people
- Work in a vocational area and or voluntary sector
- Supporting people with learning support needs
- An understanding of the barriers to education and learning
- Supporting young people to ensure their safety and well-being on a range of pastoral and learning related topics.
- Working with a range of partners to deliver appropriate support to young people
- Experience of using IT in a support or admin role
- Knowledge of safeguarding policies and processes
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.