Protocol are delighted to be working on behalf of an international online learning organisation in order to recruit for a permanent, full time Quality Manager based throughout England. Our client specialise in English and ESOL online development with headquarters in the United States.
- Support the client with the development of item specifications for the specified subject in accordance with their guidelines.
- Support the client with the production and quality assurance of externally set/assessed assessment items/questions for the specified subject in accordance with our clients policy and specifications to include detailed marking instructions for population into item bank.
- Provide advice on the development of the online content and advise where additional items/questions are required.
- Chair/oversee checking meetings and provide support to Checkers during this process.
- Contribute to the Assessment Review meetings and provide support to reviewers during this process, as appropriate.
- Lead, direct and support the marking programme, including the roll out of the e-marking system.
- Develop and lead the core standardisation outputs; have responsibility for the selection, categorisation and definitive marking of the standardisation / quality assurance items that are used to ensure that marking standards are maintained during the Marking process
The person & qualifications
- Be a Qualified teacher of ESOL or English for Academic Purposes
- Have teaching experience of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and/or C2 within the last 5 years
- Have a recognised TESOL certification; e.g. certificate or diploma level, The Cambridge CELTA or DELTA
- Demonstrate experience in marking examinations to an agreed standard, preferably ESOL however English language marking may be accepted
- Willing to travel throughout the country
- Ability to manage a team throughout the country
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.