Protocol is proud to announce that they have recently been appointed as the sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College has some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking a Full Time Permanent Employability Trainer in Construction Skills to join them, commencing ASAP.
Job title: Employability Trainer (Construction Skills)
Hours: FT – 38hours per week
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Assignment reference: 201733
- 80% delivering Employability Skills and 20% delivering Construction Skills
- Co-ordinate Construction employability skills programme delivery for a rolling caseload of students including a pre-apprenticeship programme
- Provide recruitment and selection support to build your caseload of students
- Provide both academic and pastoral support to students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Comply with the college’s maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Team Leader and Quality to continually strive for excellence and improve standards.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- Support college marketing and recruitment activities to attract potential learners and improve conversion rates.
The person and qualifications:
- Ideally have previous experience as an Employability Trainer
- Knowledge of basic construction tasks
- IOSH Qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- GCSE Maths & English
- Able to travel around the local area
- Highly organised
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.