Protocol are currently recruiting a keen and qualified Learning Support Assistant to join a fantastic team of support staff in January on a 30 hour per week, permanent term time only contract.
If you wish to develop your passion for care and are committed to providing excellent levels of support, you’ll be what our client is looking for!
If you have a background in Care work and feel you have the transferable skills needed to provide support in a classroom setting, we are very keen to hear from you!
- Providing excellent in class support to the student
- Assist student with personal and intimate care requirements – as directed in care plan – This could include Feeding, Oral Care, Washing, Dressing, Toileting, Menstrual Care, Treatments or Catheter Care
- Ensuring a clear and accurate record is held to maintain quality and ensure high quality is maintained.
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with the student, treating them with respect and consideration
- Promoting independent learning
- Working 1:1 with students in catch up sessions
- Liaising effectively with relevant staff such as LSW and Academic Support teams, pastoral staff, teaching staff and exams officers.
The person & qualifications
- A good level of general education – Ideally GCSE English and Maths (Grade C / 4 or Above)
- An understanding of your responsibilities with regards to Keeping Children Safe in Education Act
- A positive interest in working with young people
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and in hostile environments
- A caring and dedicated attitude to young people.
- Experience working with personal / intimate care.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.