Working with one of the largest providers of Further Education, Higher Education and Skills Training in South East of England, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Chemistry and Physics course Leader and Lecturer in Science for a permanent position starting in January.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a College who have some of the best facilities in the country for learning and training delivery. This includes state of the art workshops and equipment, with recent additions of a £6m and £10m STEM Innovation Centre at two of the three campuses, supporting innovative teaching in a range of subjects including engineering, manufacturing, construction, and digital technologies.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Applied Science programme, and provide quality Physics and Chemistry teaching and learning for the BTEC Level 3 Applied Science and Forensic Investigation students.
If this seems like the right role for you, get in touch below for more information.
- To plan and develop the curricula; to take responsibility for curriculum quality and statutory requirements for the stated programmes as required.
- Ensure the accuracy of all course data is achieved, and maintained, by performing regular vigilant data checks, and taking action as appropriate.
- To contribute to the timetabling process for your programmes, including assisting the Area Head with the coordination of cover arrangements as required.
- To plan, prepare and deliver teaching sessions within the stated criteria of the accreditation framework.
- To provide pastoral support to learners as required; including individual tutorials and monitoring of progress via regular recorded reviews.
The person & qualifications
- A degree in a Chemistry or Physics related subject.
- PGCE or other relevant teaching qualification (PTTLS, Cert Ed) or willingness to undertake in post.
- Evidence of training/CPD relating to the development & delivery of Science programmes.
- Experience of delivering BTEC Science qualifications.
- Experience of leading courses and curriculum development.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the relevant subject area.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.