Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in South London to recruit their next IT Manager.
Reporting into the Head of IT services, the post-holder will undertake an technical hands on role requiring server, network and desktop knowledge to provide for the strategic planning, day to day operation, maintenance, fault finding and use of information technology, hardware and software. You would also manage the day to day operations of the team.
- Support the Head of IT Services to formulate, maintain and deliver the ICT Strategic Plan, which will include the purchase, use and operation of IT and the setting and monitoring or service level agreements for network speed, IT maintenance and operation.
- Supervise and direct the work of the IT team to include overseeing the daily schedules and workload, scheduling the deployment of IT equipment, resources and staff (supervision, appraisals, probation supervision and direction of workload).
- Provide first line maintenance of computer equipment.
- Make recommendations to the Head of IT services.
- Monitor the network to ensure this operations an optimum speed and efficiency.
- Carry out file maintenance in networks as required.
The person & qualifications
- MCSE qualification or equivalent.
- ITIL Practioner.
- Computer based degree of equivalent in computer engineering or relevant field.
- Understanding of ISO 27001 principles (desirable).
- High level knowledge of web-based technologies.
- Capability to create IT policies, information security standards and procedures.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Excellent understanding for the support of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop technologies and share best practices.
- 3rd line technical knowledge with excellent Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- HP networking experience including INC monitoring tool.
- Key technology experience including: Microsoft Windows Server, HP Networking, Microsoft SCCM, Windows 10 deployment and maintenance and Veeam.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.