Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider based in the West Midlands to recruit their next Payroll & HR Systems Manager.
The post-holder will lead the delivery of a high quality professional Payroll service that is compliant with all audit procedures and supports the achievements of the HR Strategy. You will take responsibility for the continued upgrading and development of iTrent to maximise its potential and use.
- To manage to the payroll system and related activities to ensure an outstanding service. To manage the gross to net payroll operation. To ensure error rates are reduced to less than 1%.
- To ensure that all upgrading of iTrent is tested and impact assessed prior to it going live. To constantly review what is available on ESS and People Manager to develop an implementation plan of what can be released, achieved and to what value.
- To lead and manage the team to support the overall HR activities effectively so that HR and Payroll achieves high customer satisfaction and consistent SAR grade of outstanding each year.
- To contribute to the design, implementation and reporting of the overall HR strategy in particular the Reward & Recognition agenda.
The person & qualifications
- Member of the CIPP.
- A HR qualification (desirable).
- Experience or working in both private and public sector organisations.
- Substantial experience of managing a Payroll function and team covering all aspects of Payroll.
- Experience of managing a combined HR and payroll function and how to maximise the system for both areas.
- IT literate and a substantial understanding or payroll systems, the interaction with financial reporting and how to develop the system to get ultimate value and use from the system.
- Able to work with and manage internal and external auditors.
- Able to write and present Governors reports (desirable).
- Able to gain good PR for the payroll function for developing and delivering a quality product (desirable).
- Able to network effectively both internally and with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.