Protocol are currently partnered with a large West Midlands based college group to expand their Construction staff provision with the additional of an experienced Electrical Installation Lecturer. This is a renowned college who are looking to bolster their Construction provision with an experienced Electrical Installation Professional who possesses an invested interest in learner delivery and a wealth of transferable skills.
This opportunity will see the successful candidate working 37 hours per week over 5 days. If you’re seeking your next permanent opportunity in an FE college that invests in its staff and learner experiences, we want to hear from you.
- Deliver a range of programmes including Electrical Installation Programmes at Level 1, 2 ,3, apprentices and short courses
- Participate as an internal verifier on electrical installation programmes.
- Develop resources and materials as required.
- Work as part of a team to plan, deliver and develop this area.
- Have an awareness of a cultural sensitivity to the needs of learners regardless of age, ethnic origin, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- Comply with Equal Opportunities policies and assistance in the development of equality of opportunity for all learners and staff within the curriculum area.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act; Disability Discrimination Act and any other legislation with may be in force in the performance of duties of the post.
- Maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety policy and to promote positive practice in respect of Health and Safety rules in the workplace.
- Be a course tutor for learner’s electrical installation programmes.
The person & qualifications
- You must have a recognised teaching qualification
- Relevant qualifications in the subject area to a level 3 or equivalent
- 17th Edition qualification, City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing, HNC Electrical Engineering
- Registered AM2 assessor
- 5 years industrial experience
- Possess or be willing to work towards the DTLLS (or equivalent qualification) on appointment
- A commitment to the development of ILT in curriculum delivery
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.