Protocol are proud to be working alongside an excellent college based in Windsor! They are currently seeking an Industry Placements Officer/Reviewer full-time until the end of March.
For over 300 years, they’ve been placing their learners at the heart of what they do – aiming to empower their students in a supportive environment with a huge array of resources available to both students and the staff there to support them.
By having multiple campuses it truly is the best of both worlds as not only do they have the professional approach of one singular college but they then also have the advantages of being part of a collective group.
- Working closely with the college Work Placement Co-coordinators who source placements for students this role will involve:
- Carrying out on-site and in college reviews with students involving the employers as appropriate, delivering pastoral and academic support that enables the learners to successfully complete their placement and achieve the objectives
- Effective completion of students’ progress reviews of their placement
- Where learning objectives have not been previously discussed and agreed with the employer and learner then undertake this activity and record appropriately.
- Visit the student on placement at the start (within the first month of starting), middle and end of the placement, as a minimum to monitor progress and report any areas of concern to employer, own line manager and students tutor(s)
- Discuss any issues with the employer regarding the placement, student’s behavior, attendance or work ethic. Act as the college key point of contact within the employer Reports.
- Where the placement is making use of existing part time work undertaken by the student, carry out initial visit to employer to establish its suitability to be an ‘Industry Placement’ as per the schemes rules. I.e. occupationally relevant, Level 3 programme etc.
- During the placement visit, check the student’’ wellbeing, that student is not being overworked, the hours are manageable, they are happy within the workplace, have developed relationships with employees and they are content with the pace of their training
- Confirm that there is evidence from the employer to show that the placement has been completed to their satisfaction including ensuring the evidence in the student’s log book is complete.
- Provide accurate and timely data and information, including attendance, sickness, and withdrawals updating departmental and college records as required
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as required by line manager
- Provide constructive feedback that supports learners to improve and offer advice when targets are not met
- Provide guidance and advice to learners on the availability of support concerning study, financial, and other services which can enhance learners’ ability to complete their placement
- Undertake other reasonable duties to support college Work Placement activities including general admin support to team
The person & qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- A good level of education overall, with minimum Grade C/4 at GCSE in English
- Educated to at least Level 3 (5 GCSEs A-C or vocational equivalent) Desirable
- Assessor, Trainer, Coaching qualification
- IT skills
- Knowledge of Work Experience, Apprenticeships or similar
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.