Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider based in South Yorkshire in the recruitment to their next Head of ALS.
The post-holder will implement the Cross College Strategy for ALS and the High Needs provision to achieve outstanding results. This will in turn enable the continuous raising of standards and drive a positive culture of high aspirations to improve the student experience.
- Implement the Cross College Strategy for Additional Learning Support (ALS) and the High Needs provision to achieve a minimum Grade 2 whilst working towards an Outstanding grade.
- Support liaison with the Local Authority to secure appropriate funding for High Needs students aged 16-24.
- Ensure the College meets legal duties and best practice in respect of SEND and student support.
- Develop, plan and manage the delivery of ALS activities across all relevant College locations covering 14-16, adult, full time, part time provision, providing leadership, inspiration and constructive challenge for all direct reports and a wider area.
- Deputise for the Assistant Principal if and when required; represent the college at events as required.
The person & qualifications
- Degree level qualification or relevant industrial experience of professional qualification.
- Level 2 English Language and Maths or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of leadership and management in the field of ALS in a College (or similar) setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and Equality and Diversity legislation.
- Experience of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.