Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a temporary Health and Safety Officer, and Manager in the East London area.
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
- To maintain effective contact and liaison with senior managers and directors in order to deliver an efficient and effective service
- Provide specific health and safety advice to all levels of management as required and serve as an expert on the College’s Health and Safety Committee
- Advise the College in relation to how changes in health and safety legislation may affect policy , procedures and future strategy and monitor implementation
- Liaise with external agencies and groups in relation to health and safety issues
- Developing policy, procedures and monitoring systems for the college’s Health and Safety activities
- Advising staff on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the College Group keeps students and staff safe and complies with its statutory obligations
- Ensuring all accidents are investigated and reported as required; and recommendations made to prevent re-occurrence
- Proactively encourage a culture of safety and well being e.g. through training
- Manage emergency procedures (such as fire drills) and organise emergency teams such as fire marshalls and first aiders
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.