Protocol are working with a fantastic East Midlands based college to recruit two full-time Workshop Technicians to assist in setting up of Automotive workshops and assisting with manual arrangements at a technical college site to ensure the environment adheres to professional standards and college policies. This post will be ongoing for at least the next month and will be reviewed thereafter.
As one of the largest further education providers in the country, this college offers a huge range of vocational and academic courses, helping their students find routes into higher education or their dream career. This education powerhouse is looking to bolster its on-site Technical and Manual Team by on-boarding a candidate to work full-time hours per week over five days.
- To provide proactive and responsive support to staff and students in the learning environment.
- To create and maintain an environment that is constantly monitored to ensure it adheres to professional standards and is clean and safe.
- To assist staff in the sector subject area in the assessment and instruction of learners.
- To assist in the preparation of course material and any other relevant programme material to cover requirements specified by awarding bodies.
- To aid in the implementation of schemes of work and assessment schedules, devised by the Trainer in charge of a group and liaise closely to ensure that course requirements are met.
- To assist in the development of a stimulating environment to encourage student achievement and retention.
- To compile students’ personal details to help monitor absences and produce student reports as required and maintain records of progress.
- To take responsibility for the care, maintenance, repair or replacement of equipment in workshops and seminar rooms.
- To contribute to the writing of the College reports and feedback to employers on students’ performance and develop a positive Health and Safety culture.
- To assist the trainer in all admin matters.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of employers, schools, learners and other stakeholders.
- To co-ordinate infrastructure set up and operation of internal and external events/shows and promotions.
- To drive minibuses when required
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 Maths and English or equivalent
- Teaching Assessor qualification (desirable)
- Hold a driving license (necessary)
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.