Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in Staffordshire to recruit to the post of Health and Safety Manager.
The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day provision of a pro-active Health and Safety function. This includes training, Risk Management and compliance auditing to provide a health and safety culture across the college.
- To lead on all college Health & Safety matters and supervise the Insurance Officer/Health & Safety Administrator.
- To formulate, devise and update policies, procedures and systems to improve Health and Safety compliance, making recommendations through the Health & Safety Committee and the Deputy Principal (Finance & Resources).
- To ensure compliance with legal obligations through the design and production of suitable self-assessment compliance registers and checklists.
- Produce data and reports as required and identify clear simple rag ratings
- To conduct audits, tours and unannounced inspections to monitor and ensure work activities are being delivered in accordance with the current College Health an Safety policies.
- To check, analyse and investigate incident and accident reports as they occur, ensuring that appropriate actions (including RIDDOR reporting) are undertaken. Provide reports to Health and Safety Committee and Governors as and when required.
The person & qualifications
- A NEBOSH Health & Safety certificate or equivalent.
- Membership of IOSH or similar professional body (desirable).
- Experience of using systems to record and produce information and date for management groups.
- Experience of successfully supporting the introduction of change management systems and processes.
- Evidence of problem solving ability and coping under pressure.
- Experience of drafting reports, plans or procedures, working to deadlines and ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
- Strong understanding of H&S legislation and its relevance to the educational sector.
- Experience of working with a H&S team in a large complex organisation, ideally in an educational environment (desirable).
- Experience of working in an education or public sector environment (desirable).
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.