Protocol are pleased to present the opportunity for an experienced Electrical Installations Trainer to join a dedicated faculty in a dynamic, vibrant and rewarding work environment!
Based at a modern college campus in South Yorkshire, this FE provider recognises that dedication to their staff, working both in and out of the classroom, is crucial to ensuring that their learners achieve their full potential. They are seeking to include a proactive and enthusiastic individual, with excellent interpersonal skills in their mission to be an outstanding provider of vocational qualifications.
This college is an exciting place to be! In recent times, they’ve enjoyed considerable success and their reputation for quality and innovation is growing all the time. This is evidenced by their Ofsted inspection which confirmed that they are an ‘Outstanding’ college.
The role is full-time (but the college will also consider part-time applicants). The contract will begin on a temporary basis, with the likely potential of a permanent role for those who are interested. The post holder will deliver practical elements of the apprenticeship to electrical installations learners and provide excellent teaching learning and assessment. Duties will include workshop delivery and and work place delivery. Your skills will be used to their full potential to deliver first class training and apprenticeship programmes.
There is no end date to this recruitment, the college are looking to bring this role to interview as soon as possible, so if you are interested in this position, please don’t hesitate and attach your CV today to start a conversation with one of our consultants!
- To manage and monitor the progress of a caseload of learners, organise workplace assessment visits and provide a point of proactive and regular contact with employers.
- To interview and conduct a skills analysis and associated initial assessments as part of the recruitment process.
- To support learners to find work placements and develop links with employers to generate repeat business.
- To produce and monitor individual training plans for learners and contribute to their updating, encompassing all elements of the delivery programme.
- To conduct work based assessments and internal verification in line with Awarding Body requirements.
- To develop appropriate work based assessment materials to support skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- To plan, prepare and deliver in accordance with the curriculum needs.
- To provide appropriate, constructive and timely written feedback, in accordance with college policies, to prepare learners for their end-point assessment activities.
- To attend and participate in standardization and training activities to ensure a consistent approach.
- To ensure that all learners and employers receive appropriate training in the use of the organisational VLE platform.
- To carry out and support the compliance procedures and processes associated with the delivery of learners.
- To provide appropriate individual guidance and support to learners and refer to specialist agencies where appropriate e.g. additional learning support
The Person and Qualifications
- A UK teaching qualification
- An Assessors Award
- Minimum Level 3 Electrical Installation qualification
- At least 2 years in a relevant discipline
- 18th Edition (or willingness to obtain)
- A DBS on the update service (or willing to obtain)
- Understanding end experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.