Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in East London to recruit a Senior Curriculum Manager – SEND. This is a maternity cover position for up to 12 months.
The post-holder will be responsible for a range of courses in SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability). Reporting to the Head of Faculty for Foundation Learning and English, Senior Curriculum Managers are second tier managers within the faculty. You will be responsible for driving up standards, ensuring an excellent student experience. You will have teaching responsibilities and will be expected to carry out line-management duties and classroom observations. You will be willing to train and act as a safeguarding officer.
- To have responsibility for courses and defined operational issues within the Directorate.
- To carry out line-management duties i.e. performance development review process, observations, budget control.
- To teach between 288-400 hours per annum excluding occasional cover for cancelled classes, subject to operational demands agreed with your line manager and the specific responsibilities of the post.
- To teach at other campuses as and when required.
- To deputise for the Group Curriculum Director as necessary.
The person & qualifications
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- A level 5 teaching qualification.
- Teaching experience across SEND/Foundation Learning.
- Curriculum Management experience, ideally across SEND/Foundation Learning.
- Ability to select, manage and develop staff.
- An understanding of the key national and local issues affecting participation and achievement in post-16 education.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.