We are delighted to be working with an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ College in Greater Manchester who is looking for a Catering Technician. The successful candidate will have a background in the food production industry, with excellent knowledge of catering, and previous experience of providing support in an education setting.
The successful candidate will provide effective support to the Catering department in a way that helps provide learners with access to the correct equipment, materials and resources for their lessons.
There are a number of positions available wit various hours.
- To assist the Catering Lecturer and learners
- To ensure areas are kept clean, tidy and in a safe manner at all times
- Provide effective support to the Catering department in a way that helps provide learners with access to appropriate equipment, materials and resources for their lessons.
- To work within the restaurant
- Prepare food trolleys as required
- Receive, record and store deliveries
The person & qualifications
- Maths and English Level 2
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- A Level 2 qualification in Catering
- Previous catering experience
- Experience working within an educational setting would be desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.