Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a temporary Industry Placement Coordinator in the East London area.
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
- To co-ordinate the industry placement assistants ensuring delivery of the industry placement function
- To co-ordinate administration ensuring the smooth delivery of the industry placement function.
- To maintain accurate record keeping e.g. client data & Health & Safety information.
- To provide excellent customer service to students& employers ensuring matched opportunities.
- To work with other college teams building capacity for relevant employer/student referrals
- To better meet client needs and raising awareness of college products & services.
- To meet student target numbers and work to an agreed action plan.
- To adhere to relevant quality systems to ensure client/customer satisfaction.
- To assist with creation of networks of employers to meet the needs of the business
- To co-ordinate the industry placement caseloads
- To work as an efficient team member providing support to colleagues.
- Identify suitable opportunities, secure, match and monitor student placements.
- Identify prospective employers, assess their suitability and comply with necessary H&S
- To co-ordinate & DBS inductions, providing learners with support and guidance
- To co-ordinate students’ attendance and progress
The person & qualifications
- Educated to at least Level 2 English and Maths Experience
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Maintaining accurate records, both paper and computer based
- Maintaining administrative systems and procedures
- Working on own initiative
- Experience of working with a diverse range of learners/customers
- Experience of using monitoring systems to collate information
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of employer liaison
- Experience of problem solving Knowledge/Skills
- Proven sales ability
- Knowledge of Work placements
- Knowledge of Engaging Learners into work
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Knowledgeable about issues and constraints affecting young people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a range of clients
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.