Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a temporary Work Experience Adviser in the East London area!
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
- To assist within the work experience team and to relevant directorates.
- To provide administrative support in the work experience team
- To ensure the smooth delivery of the work experience function.
- To ensure accurate record keeping e.g. client data & Health & Safety information.
- To provide excellent customer service to students & employers
- To work with other college teams building capacity for relevant employer/student referrals
- To raise awareness of college products & services.
- To meet student target numbers and work to an agreed action plan.
- To adhere to relevant quality systems to ensure client/customer satisfaction.
- To assist with creation of networks of employers to meet the needs of the business. Duties and Responsibilities
- To administer work experience placement caseloads
- To work as an efficient team member providing support to colleagues.
- Identify suitable work experience opportunities, secure, match and monitor placements.
- Identify prospective employers, assess their suitability and comply with H&S
- Carry out initial student & DBS inductions
- To monitor students’ attendance and progress whilst on placement and provide feedback
- To attend Work Experience Team meetings.
- To write End of Year Summary reports ensuring that up-to-date files are maintained.
- To collect and collate work experience feedback from providers and clients.
- Ensure that mail outs, telephone calls and enquiries are resolved or referred.
- Compliance with all College systems
- Act as a point of contact for all work experience enquiries
The person & qualifications
- Educated to at least Level 2 English and Maths Experience
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Maintaining accurate records, both paper and computer based
- Maintaining administrative systems and procedures
- Working on own initiative
- Experience of working with a diverse range of learners/customers
- Experience of using monitoring systems to collate information
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of employer liaison
- Experience of problem solving Knowledge/Skills
- Proven sales ability
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Knowledgeable about issues affecting young people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a range of external agencies
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Safeguarding policies
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Ability to plan and work proactively to achieve objectives
- Good verbal & written skills for report writing and marketing
- Knowledge of Equal Opportunities policies
- The ability to multitask and be flexible
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.