Protocol are pleased to be working alongside this well-established organisation graded GOOD by OFSTED. They are currently seeking Engineering Assessors (Electrical and Mechanical).
The College mission is to provide inspirational, high quality education and training that meets the needs of individuals, employers and their local and wider communities.
From the moment you walk into their spectacular building you can see that the College is built for success. With first-class facilities and teaching staff you will receive support and guidance throughout your career. At this College you will be treated as an individual and not just a face in a crowd. They recognise that your next step could shape the rest of your life and it’s their job to make sure you have the right skills and guidance to get there.
The College has excellent facilities on site, including access to a stylish two-storey Learning Resource Centre for personal and group studies, sports halls, restaurants, state-of-the-art Mac suites, industry standard TV and Recording Studio (used by the BBC) & landscaped summer gardens. They continue to evolve to meet your demands and share a vision in helping you achieve your goals.
- Actively promote equality and diversity, recognising and actively challenging stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, ensuring that these principles permeate all working practices.
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the College’s existing and developing quality assurance systems.
- Be committed to professional self-development, through participation in the College continuing professional development programme which includes industry based work shadowing, attending seminars, College conference days and training events appropriate to the job role.
- Comply with and promote College Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- Undertake such other duties as required, commensurate with the grade of the post, as may be reasonably required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the College.
- Support cross college events such as Open Evenings and Enrolment sessions when required
- Adhere to all College procedures as detailed in the Employee Handbook
- At all times seek to serve the best interests of the College
- Carrying out the administration for the above, maintaining accurate reports and documentation.
- Attending meetings as required by the scheme IV, EV or curriculum manager.
- Assess students at induction and identify any basic skills need.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality at all times and deal empathetically with all candidates and employers.
- Internal verification of portfolios etc required.
- To provide cover for colleagues during periods of holiday or sickness absence
The person & qualifications
- Maths & English GCSE / NVQ Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
- Qualified to Level 3 in specialised vocational area
- Assessor Qualification
- Verifier Qualification (desirable)
- Full clean driving license, own transport and willingness to use own transport for work purposes
- Understanding of issues in teaching and learning in FE
- Understanding of the importance of meeting funding deadlines
- Skills in working to systems and procedures
- Evidence of good administrative skills
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.