Protocol are delighted to be working on behalf of a market-leading End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO).
Independent Assessment ensures apprentices have the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours detailed in the Standard, which outlines the Core Competencies of the role. End-point Assessors will undertake the final assessment of the learners, using different methods to check that apprentices meet these requirements. They will usually travel to apprentices’ workplaces to complete observations and professional discussions and will spend between a few hours and a full day with each learner.
End-point Assessors will be employed on a freelance basis and can expect up to 30 days’ work over a year. We are looking for candidates happy to travel, ideally nationwide.
- Undertaking the final assessment of an apprentice on Investment Standard to ensure they are fully competent for the role
- Provide constructive feedback and ensure assessment reports are high quality and recorded accurately
- Maintain occupational and assessment skills and experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Investment Operations Specialist Level 4 EPA
- Level 4 qualification in either CFA institute or Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment
- An assessor’s qualification (ie: CAVA, A1, D32/33)
Essential Skills and Abilities
- The assessor must be someone who has nothing to gain from the outcome of the assessment and must not have been involved in the training and/or line management of the apprentice
- Excellent understanding of the standard(s) for the new apprenticeship frameworks, including specific knowledge in the industry area for the standard
- Competent in carrying out the assessments specified and grading the apprenticeship in line with the requirements set out in the assessment plan
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports in a number of formats; giving both results and constructive feedback and support
- IT proficient, including the use of web conferencing software
Desirable Skills & Abilities
- Flexibility to travel across the UK
- Hold a recognised current workplace assessment qualification
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.