Protocol are currently recruiting for a GCSE Drama & English teacher to join an East London client on a permanent basis! Please read below for further information on the posts responsibilities and the ideal qualities and qualifications the successful candidate will possess. Interested? Hit APPLY!
- To ensure the potential of all students is fulfilled by planning and delivering stimulating and challenging lessons which meet the needs of all learners.
- To maintain high expectations of students’ behaviour and achievement, and to establish excellent relationships with students.
- To monitor and record the progress of students using Assessment for Learning strategies and in accordance with Academy assessment policies.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of developments within your subject specialism.
- To work under the direction of Drama Subject Leader to develop the curriculum.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the policies and practice of the Academy, including those designed to promote equality of opportunity.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status (or working towards).
- First degree or equivalent.
- Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism with the ability to teach up to key stage 5, including BTEC (desirable).
- The ability to teach English (desirable).
- Outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Commitment to improving practice through reflection, appropriate professional development and through being open to advice and feedback.
- Must hold a DBS on the update service or dated in the last 12 months through Protocol with no employment gaps larger than 3 months.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.