Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in East London in the recruitment to the position of Head of Science.
The post-holder will be committed to ensuring that all students succeed at University or equivalent, and thrive in their chosen field. You will work with students who are totally dedicated to their studies, lead a department of specialists who are passionate about their subject, and be part of a team of Head of Learning areas who play an integral role in improving teaching.
- To lead a team ensuring that they consistently reach the highest of standards in all that they do.
- To develop an outstanding curriculum within Science, including ensuring that there are high quality schemes of work in place for all subjects, and that these are implemented by all teachers.
- To ensure outstanding teaching and learning, attainment and progress.
- To keep abreast of curriculum developments to ensure that changes and developments in course content are introduced and delivered in a timely manner.
- To observe colleagues as part of the Performance Management, Professional Development, NQT or Quality Assurance programmes and give objective feedback, setting targets for improvement where appropriate.
- Facilitate staff development within Science, including that for newly qualified teachers, beginner teachers and the Professional Practice Development programme.
- To periodically report to SLT, governors and other stakeholders on the progress of the Learning Area.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism, with the ability to teach at all key stages and all abilities.
- Commitment to improving practice through reflection, appropriate professional development and through being open to advice and feedback.
- Evidence of continuing professional development or relevant research.
- Knowledge and understanding or a range of Assessment Learning strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to make effective personalised provision for all students, including those for whom English is an additional language and students who have special educational needs.
- Leadership experience and a proven track record of success.
- Proven excellence as a Science classroom practitioner at secondary level across the ability range.
- Proven track record in improving teaching and classroom practice, bringing about specific improvements by constantly striving for excellence.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.