Protocol are proud to be working with an upstanding Foundation who have an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team as a Student Finance Administrator. The role is based in Nottingham which will be full-time and permanent working for a non-profit Education Foundation based in Nottingham; established for over 30 years.
- Ensuring data exported from online payments systems is accurate
- Ensuring Bounced direct debit and unpaid fees are processed efficiently and information held within the Foundation systems is updated
- Process changes to customer accounts when required
- Provide comprehensive support to both the Student Admissions Team and Accounts Team, maintaining accurate student financial records. The successful candidate will also be required to ensure efficient administration of student finance processes and the integrity of data, and provide front-line advice and guidance to students, staff and customers.
- Dealing effectively with queries from Finance generic mailboxes
The person & qualifications:
- Experience of working within a student finance position at FE and/or HE level
- GCSE Maths and English Grade B or higher (academic equivalent acceptable)
- Experience of FE and HE student loan and funding streams
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICT including Microsoft Office applications, database applications, Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Ability to analyse data and produce accurate reports
- Ability to troubleshoot and escalate issues as and when appropriate
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide customer-focused service
- Excellent spreadsheet and numeracy skills
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to work to deadlines and establish priorities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and respond positively to evolving job role demands
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.