Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider based in Hampshire in the recruitment to the position of Faculty Head (English & Maths).
The post-holder will have a crucial leadership role in the evolution of curriculum, the continual improvement in teaching, learning and assessment and the professional development of staff to raise student achievements.
You will have significant experience of curriculum management and development, across a range of areas, with a proven track record of securing sustained improvements. You will also know how to gather, analyse and interpret information to help you effect change and improvement.
- To provide a responsive and innovative curriculum that meets the demand for skills in the region and develop students’ employability and enterprise skills.
- Effectively develop and manage programmes of study that support students’ development and future career plans, including adult education, higher education and apprenticeships.
- Develop employer partnerships for the benefit of students and the curriculum.
- Continually improve attendance, retention, achievement, progress and destination rates of students in the Faculty.
- Ensure that student management is effective and leads to successful outcomes.
- Actively manage the development of teaching staff and continually improve teaching, learning and assessment including through observation.
- Work with Course Directors to ensure compliance with college systems, protocols and quality measures.
- Lead the performance management of staff in the Faculty.
- Administer the college’s admissions system and enrolment of learners.
The person & qualifications
- Degree of professional equivalent in a relevant area.
- Assessor and verifier awards (desirable).
- Level 4 or higher teaching qualification.
- Higher degree or professional qualification (desirable).
- Experience of curriculum development.
- Experience of quality assurance including lesson observation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience.
- Experience of motivating and managing teams and individuals.
- Knowledge of effective teaching pedagogy.
- Knowledge of effective curriculum design.
- Knowledge of FE sector including qualification reform, inspection, apprenticeships and funding.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.