Protocol are delighted to be working alongside an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Grade 1 training organisation, based in the North West of England.
Their ethos focuses on providing high quality employer and learner responsive training and educational programmes. They work with over 300 employers at any one time and in the last eighteen years, over 3,750 apprentices have been trained, with 92.5% of them progressing into full-time employment with their employer once training has been completed. They currently have in learning, over 1,500 Apprentices, 250 Higher Education learners and deliver in excess of 10,000 delegate days on short courses across our training centres in Cumbria. These include, Lillyhall, Energus, Sellafield, Carlisle and Furness.
- Deliver and assess Mechanical engineering courses up to and including level three.
- Develop and maintain the current Mechanical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
- Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc).
- Review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
- Ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner.
- Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
- Assist in the overall development of the training centre.
- Assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Mechanical engineering.
- Prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
The person & qualifications
- Have a minimum of three years Mechanical experience in industry.
- Competent in domestic or industrial installation & maintenance, with proven knowledge and experience on plant and process control systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Hold a level three qualification in Mechanical Engineering and have completed a full level 3 craft apprenticeship.
- Have a sound knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
- Car driver
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.