Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider based in East London in the recruitment to the position of Health & Safety Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Estates and Facilities Management, the post holder will have overall responsibility for Health and Safety, initiating policy and procedures, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol. You will advise staff members on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Developing policy, procedures and monitoring systems for the college’s Health and Safety activities.
- Advising staff on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the students and staff comply with the college’s statutory obligations.
- Ensuring all accidents are investigated and reported as required, and recommendations made to prevent re-occurence.
- Proactively encourage a culture of safety and wellbeing.
- Manage emergency procedures and organise emergency teams such as fire marshalls and first aiders.
- To ensure that the college’s risk assessments, guidance and any specific Health & Safety policy that is required on Covid 19 is created, monitored and constantly reviewed and update as required.
The person & qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- A qualification in occupational Health & Safety (e.g. Masters, NVQ, BSc or NEBOSH national diploma).
- A tertiary qualification in Business Services (e.g. Business Management) (desirable).
- At least 5 years’ experience at manager level, successfully managing Health & Safety legislative requirements.
- Experience of managing the tendering of Health & Safety service delivery and supply contracts for a range of commercial and educational environments.
- Experience of working with international quality standards.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.