Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the West London area. It is a very well-established College graded as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential. Last year over 800 students from the A-Level and Vocational Courses went on to study at top universities.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a Course Team Leader in Construction. The successful applicant will teach across a range of programmes in Plumbing or Electrical Installation and be responsible for the effective curriculum management of a range programmes across plumbing, electrical and multi-skills provision in the School. This will include ongoing curriculum development and quality assurance. The Course Team Leader will also co-ordinate any Work Based Learning (WBL) provision within the area.
- The organisation and development of the curriculum
- Making the best use of the team resources including staffing and consumables
- Gaining maximum funding and income through high levels of enrolment, retention achievement and attendance.
- Liaising with appropriate College staff and external bodies including employers.
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of new initiatives within the Section.
- To assist in the monitoring and supervision of all teaching and non -teaching staff to ensure they are kept informed regarding all College and curriculum developments.
- To lead Course Team meetings and contribute to Section Area meetings.
- To participate fully in the marketing of courses and promotional events both on and off site.
- To assist in the updating of statistical information required for attendance, retention and achievement.
- To take effective links with any relevant outside agencies including employers to both secure student growth and progression.
- To take and active role in the reviewing of curriculum and quality procedures.
- To contribute to and monitor the deployment of resources, physical and human, within the department.
- To contribute to the general development of the Section.
- To deputise the Section Manager in the leadership of the team.
- To develop and enhance the commercial and full time provision to meet the needs of employers and market needs/ demands.
- To attend all WBL meetings and complete all necessary documentation
- Carry out student inductions and contribute to the design of induction programmes.
- Produce course handbooks.
- Where appropriate ensure that basic skills initial and diagnostic assessments, are undertaken and that students receive effective learning support.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with student support and learning support arrangements, ensuring students have full information and making appropriate referrals.
- Ensure that resources within your subject area are kept up-to-date and accessible to students and other staff in liaison with the curriculum managers and the College’s Learning Centres.
- Where appropriate act as a named tutor and liaise with the College’s Departmental Administrators to ensure the attendance, retention and achievement of students.
- Carry out academic progress reviews, including the completion of necessary documents.
The person & qualifications
- You must have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have a minimum of a L3 in Plumbing or Electrical Installation
- Hold an Assessors qualification
- Some curriculum development/co-ordination experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of successful teaching in Plumbing or Electrical Installation
- Must be enthusiastic and inspiring to learners
- Experience of organising and implementing quality systems and procedures
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.