Protocol are proud to be working with an Ofsted rated “Good” Provider who are looking to overcome the challenges of Covid-19 by continuing to support all their learners, employers and staff in these testing times. Our client are seeking to recruit a Large Goods Vehicle Trainer based in Liverpool to deliver to their learners in the North West area.
- Delivering LGV to Level 3 to learners remotely and in the workplace once restrictions have been lifted
- Adhere to company guidelines on quality of standard delivery
- Keeping up to date with learner progress through Skype/Zoom and face to face at least 1/2 times a month
- Monthly meetings with your Line-Manager to keep quality standards up to date
The person & qualifications
- Experience LGV standards to Level 3
- Possess a Teaching/Training qualification
- Possess a Assessors qualification
- Recent experience with Apprenticeship delivery
- Willingness to travel regionally once restrictions are lifted
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.