Protocol are pleased to be working with an independent specialist day college in Sheffield. This college is for young learners with a range of learning disabilities and difficulties. Programmes are tailored to the learner’s specific needs and can be across multiple sites.
Willingness to travel is a must, as they have sites in South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, the main bulk of learners being based in Sheffield on their main site.
We are looking for a teacher who is enthusiastic about working with SEND learners and who can deliver functional skills from pre-entry to level 2 as well as employability sessions.
The role comes with a number of benefits including:
- Westfield Health Scheme following a successful probation.
- Life cover following a successful probation.
- Standard life pension.
- 30 days holiday (pro rata – 52 week employees).
- Delivery of functional skills from pre-entry to level 2
- Delivery of employability sessions
- Develop own learning materials and assessment plans for the delivery of functional skills and employability.
- Identify any barriers to learning and plan to compensate where possible.
- Attend moderation meetings for functional skills and employability qualifications to ensure high standards.
- Utilise to good effect the specialist support of Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy services.
- Responsible for classroom management and direction of learning support staff.
- Deliver personal care and support which meet or exceed learners’ requirement, promoting independence throughout.
- Champion English, mathematics and ICT throughout all sessions and act as lead tutor for functional skills quality and development within the curriculum.
- Undertake training as and when necessary for your job role.
- Attend internal meetings, briefings and other forums as required.
- To liaise effectively with colleagues to ensure consistency of approach in teaching and learning across the college.
- To promote the vision, culture and ethos of the college.
The person & qualifications
A degree in an appropriate discipline/QTS/QTLS
Minimum of Level 3 Maths and English or equivalent
Minimum of Level 2 ICT
Experience as a teacher of learners with ASC’s, SLD and PMLD within a special education setting
Significant experience delivering a functional skills curricula with a proven track record of good or better outcomes
Significant experience of teaching functional skills (Pre Entry – Level 2)
- Additional SEND qualifications would be beneficial
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.