This well-established College in the West Midlands are seeking Carpentry Lecturers to join them on a permanent basis with both full-time and part-time positions available. They offer a wide range of courses taught by award-winning, industry experienced professional tutors. The College are ambitious in what they do and pride themselves in assisting you in the best way possible throughout your career.
This well-known, successful College have won a number of awards, most recently being awarded ‘Training Provider of the Year’. They boast very strong links with leading Universities and over 1,000 employers meaning their courses are always up-to-date and relevant.
The fantastic facilities available range from a hair salon, spa, sports centres, an academic bakery & restaurant, creative arts facilities to onsite parking and gym access. The College also has a GOOD rating graded by OFSTED.
- Delivering Carpentry up to and including level 3
- Deciding priorities, arranging events, setting up systems and utilising resources to enable high student achievement
- Produce effective & detailed schemes of work to inform 5 minute lesson plans for use in sessions
- Create effective assessment schedules and resources allowing flexibility and repeatability to ensure student inclusion
- Deliver effective classroom management and lead by example
The person & qualifications
- Will hold a recognised teaching qualification i.e DTLLS, CertED, PGCE or be willing to work towards one in post
- Will hold English & Maths GCSE’s with a grade C or above. Or a relevant level 2 English & Maths qualification.
- Will hold an appropriate level of qualification in the subject areas
- Suitable experience and/or the capacity to design and deliver teaching and learning or training
- Will have a DBS on the update service or dated in the last 12 months through Protocol with no employment gaps larger than 3 months
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.