Protocol are currently recruiting for a Construction Lecturer to join large forward-thinking University Group in the UK. This recognized establishment offers a flexible student focused pathway of education that caters for all students. This Large establishment conveys its direct impact on the local region with the influx of opportunities and career pathways it can offer, it has highlighted that its focused goal is the students and staff’s experience and this is a theme that has been clearly enforced. This HE establishment portrays a very diverse and successful work environment that offers excellent support and opportunities for all involved.
Roles and responsibilities
- The successful candidate will support the school in its research delivery and teaching alongside aiding in income generation through the course prospects and marketing.
- The post holder will be responsible for the development, promotion, and operation of the undergraduate programme they have been chosen for and will use the frameworks already in place.
- To support curriculum development and new course development.
- To exercise a high standard output-oriented applied research both personally and as a member of a team.
- To be able to supervise Undergraduate and Postgraduate level student research projects.
- To contribute to the development, design, delivery, and leadership of modules at various levels, including assessments methods, ensuring that the learning materials and methods of delivery meet defined learning objectives.
- To liaise with the Head of Department to ensure the effective day to day operation of the whole department
- The successful applicant will have relevant industrial experience within the construction field.
- A BSc or MSc in a construction related subject such as Construction Project Management or Facilities Management.
- Teaching experience in Higher Education with the ability to teach across all levels of construction related topics is also required for the role.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution and/or a PhD are desired requirements for the role.
About Protocol Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands. The legal bit Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010. As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.