Protocol are currently recruiting for an Experience Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to join large forward-thinking University Group in the UK. This recognized establishment offers a flexible student focused pathway of education that caters for all students. This Large establishment conveys its direct impact on the local region with the influx of opportunities and career pathways it can offer, it has highlighted that its focused goal is the students and staff’s experience and this is a theme that has been clearly enforced. This HE establishment portrays a very diverse and successful work environment that offers excellent support and opportunities for all involved.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be expected to manager, research and teach on the specific Engineering program throughout the academic year and aim to improve all aspects while enhancing the already excellent reputation of the establishment.
- You will take an active role in delivering/assessing and maintaining the course frameworks.
- You will act as a support system for all students and will be the point of contact when aiding on project and assignment guidance.
- You will be a liaison to all industrial partners outlined on the course and will be in active communication with the University to ensure all targets are being met and procedures being followed.
- You will be given the opportunity to continue active research within the field and use this within the already illustrated course pathway.
- The Applicant must have a relevant field degree with previous experience teaching in higher education.
- Must have knowledge on the specific program and what it entails.
- Must have evidence of active research and a publication within the relevant field.
- A Doctoral qualification that connects with field.
- Previous course leadership and development experience in Higher Education.
- A proven track record in excellent communication with members of department and students within a Higher Education Establishment.
- A strong commitment to actively pursuing research within Mechanical Engineering for new break throughs.
- A strong commitment to uphold to programs success and look for active development alongside the clear principles set out by the University
About Protocol Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands. The legal bit Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010. As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.