Protocol are working exclusively with an East Midlands based college boasting at least 12 different college sites across it’s city. Offering of over 300 courses ranging from Entry Level to University Level this Educational powerhouse offers academic options for all ages.
This college is renowned for their teaching team which comprises of highly-skilled industry leading professionals. Priding itself on student-focused staff and inclusivity, this establishment offers a warm and inviting learning environment for every student. Operating with one main shared value; personal success for students and all staff.
As well as classroom-based learning this organisation offers an array of Apprenticeships from Motor Vehicle, Retail and Service Industries to Dentistry and Business Administration. An opportunity for students to study in a stimulating, vibrant and creative environments with the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people on a regular basis.
We are seeking a Fashion Lecturer for the New Academic Year with skills in either of the following: Fashion design & illustration, Fashion pattern cutting or Fashion garment construction & manufacture. If you posses a combination of exceptional teaching practice, Industry experience in the aforementioned and a passion for teaching, we want to hear from you.
- Delivering excellent teaching practice at levels 1-3 across the Fashion curriculum
- Supporting the department when necessary
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- Adhere to all college policies including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
- To contribute to excellent and innovative delivery of the curriculum to promote learning and progression
- Develop, plan and deliver quality teaching in response to student needs and undertake marking, support portfolio building and provide feedback to students
- Undertaking teaching in a variety of settings including 1:1, small group tutorials, class and workshops, and large lectures
- Design, plan produce and adapt to learner needs a range of effective and engaging teaching, learning and assessment materials and activities that build on existing practices, motivate students and take account of supportive technologies
- Integrate Industry knowledge into the college curriculum
- Design, produce and adapt a range of effective learning and teaching activities
- Work with others to develop engaging and effective approaches to teaching, making appropriate use of learning technologies
- Contribute to ensuring that the curriculum is relevant and up to date
- Undertake course co-ordination as required to support student achievement and undertake quality related activities as required
- Ensure that course delivery engenders a learning environment where diversity of ideas and contributions are welcomed
- Ensure that there is accurate recording of assessment decisions
- To participate in or lead trips and visits ensuring all necessary preparation and documents are in place as required by the policy prior to the start of the trip or visit.
The person & qualifications
- High levels of student engagement
- Experience of delivering teaching or training
- Possess strong behaviour management skills
- Experience of working with a wide range of students and abilities
- To hold, or be prepared to achieve a recognised teaching qualification
- Level 5 relevant qualification (degree or vocational)
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative and effective teaching strategies to support and challenge students
- Ability to provide flexible and innovative approaches to the delivery of the curriculum, including the use of learning technologies
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.