Are you looking for a part-time, flexible role to fit around your studies or other commitments? Are you looking for role where you can make a positive impact to students and their academic studies?
Protocol are recruiting for Specialist Note Takers to work with Students within the North East area. The role will require you to attend lectures and provide specialist notes for students who have a visual or hearing impairment. This role requires experienced typing skills, good attention to detail and experience with supporting students.
Please note: this is a Specialist Note Taker role. To do this role, you will need to be able to type a minimum of 45 words per minute and will have to carry out a short online training session provided by Protocol.
- Flexible working hours – you choose your own hours – a great work / life balance
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata – perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- Competitive rate of pay DOE, plus your benefits
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
- To provide note-taking support to students with disabilities/mental health conditions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials, and group tasks on your laptop
- To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
- You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times.
- Accurate spelling and typing skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you are interested in this rewarding role supporting students in Higher Education and you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.