Capital Talent Box are the onsite agency of choice at West London College. Launched in summer 2020 to serve the college’s recruitment needs, its key aim is to provide quality agency associates to be part of the college’s continuing success.
We are currently recruiting for qualified Learning Support Assistant’s to join a well-established team. The Learning Support team are fully committed to ensuring all of their staff are given the opportunity to progress and develop in their careers, within a professional and comfortable working environment.
You will be a key player in supporting the education of learners with a diagnosis of SEN who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
- To provide learning support for the learner in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the learner and seek advice from the Senior Learning Support Assistant, class teacher or other agency as required.
- Attend to learners’ personal care needs, including social, health, hygiene, first-aid administration, medication administration and welfare matters, as well as assisting to and from classes as necessary and monitoring during breaks where appropriate
- To provide support for learners in order to promote access, integration and progression.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Experience of or willingness to train, in order to offer personal care support to students with a physical disability
- Good understanding of key SEN issues e.g. code of practice, disability rights
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability
- Knowledge/Awareness of Autism
- Knowledge/Awareness of Challenging Behaviours
- A sound understanding of the need for Additional Learning Support
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply now.