South Staffordshire College are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Progression Coach to support learners at their Tamworth Campus.
This opportunity is permanent and full time working 37.5 hours a week (40 weeks a year)
The salary on this role is excellent – reflecting the colleges desire to continue with their recent significant improvements by hiring only the best and most dedicated tutors & Support staff out there. Is that you? Apply today and Protocol will give you a call to take your application further.
Why work with South Staffordshire College?
- They are officially the best college in the West Midlands for apprenticeship achievement and well above the national average
- All their campuses are really easy to get to, by public and college transport
- You get to make the most of great facilities – with their Animal Zone, Wedge art gallery, motor vehicle workshop, restaurants, fully equipped music recording studios, salons, collaborative and inspiring learning spaces, gym and a new investment into Agricultural Technology
- They work in partnership with some of the best employers
- They’ve invested in the most cutting edge technology, Google Apps for Education (G Suite) including GMail and cloud storage for every student
The Progression Coach will work closely with both the academic and support teams to provide support for learners outside of timetabled tutorial sessions delivered by course tutors. You will make a real difference to every learner by providing wrap around pastoral and academic support to motivate students to achieve to their maximum potential.
- Support learners throughout their college life, during the enrolment, induction process and academic progress to help enable them to settle into college life and maximise their social and academic potential.
- Motivate all learners to promote attendance, punctuality, retention, achievement and onward progression through enhanced target setting and support.
- Liaise with the Work Experience Officers to support effective industry placements, identify non-compliant learners and help remove barriers to ensure the successful completion of Work Experience.
- Fully utilise the college internal support systems to effectively support students through their academic studies.
- Support students with academic and employability skills and where appropriate refer them to the appropriate College contact (i.e. college mentors) or external agency.
The person & qualifications
- Maths and English Grade A*-C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is essential, or willing to work towards.
- Coaching or mentoring qualifications
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.