Protocol are delighted to be an industry leading, specialist engineering training provider based in Nottingham. They offer apprenticeships across welding, fabrication and mechanical engineering, and are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join them to lead their team of trainers and assessors.
- Follow company policies and business plan objectives at all times
- Maintain at all times a safe approach to Health and Safety; endorse and enforce the company safe working practises and approach to Health and Safety
- Promote equality and diversity and incorporate safeguarding and Prevent into all areas of work
- Use e-portfolio and other IT based tools as directed
- Co-operate with the Manager in the development of course programmes
- Provide timely, detailed, supportive and challenging feedback to learners
- Deliver and facilitate high quality learning and assessment opportunities for all learners
- Contribute to the planning and review of course programmes and book testing as required
- Undertaking and completion of identified CPD
- Review and feedback learners’ performance against agreed learning plans and milestones.
- Participate in team/course/standardisation/quality meetings and complete required actions
- Support the IQA and EQA processes and comply with improvement requests and set high standards through rigorous IQA reports and monitoring
- Maintain high standards of learner behaviour at all times and lead by example
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to minimum level 5 in mechanical engineering
- Teaching, assessing and verifier qualified
- Vocational experience within the last 5 years
- Proven track record of success in previous roles and demonstration of strong compliance and prioritisation skills
- Strong CPD record
- Able to make sound decisions work independently whilst able to take instruction
- Full clean licence and access to a car
- Recent use of e-portfolios
- Holds level 2 English, maths and ICT
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.