Protocol is proud to announce that they are sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking two Electrical Installation Lecturers to join their team at either site on a full-time ongoing basis
- Deliver inspirational teaching and access to learning across a range of programmes, and to learners with a range of ages and abilities.
- Provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achievement.
- Develop and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists, assessment papers and electronic resources.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of programmes in the area.
- Carry out moderation/assessment and verification.
- Act as a course tutor with responsibility for supporting learners in achieving their targets.
- Track and review student progress and maintain student records.
- Provide feedback on progress to the students, parents/guardians, and employers.
- Arrange and support the work placement programme.
- Assist in recruitment and admission of new students.
- Attend both internal and external promotional events to publicise College and Faculty activities as directed by the Director of Faculty.
- Contribute to the compilation of publicity materials.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Participate in course team reviews and evaluation.
- Respond to curriculum development and new course initiatives originating from within the Faculty/College.
- Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programmes.
- Liaise with Awarding Body representatives e.g. External Verifiers/ Moderator
The person & qualifications
- Electrical Installations qualifications to at least Advanced Craft/NVQ level 3
- Assessor qualifications A1 or equivalent (desirable)
- Certificate in Education/PGCE/ DTLLS (desirable)
- Internal Verification qualification V1 or equivalent (desirabe)
- Substantial, recent and relevant industrial experience
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion