Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in North West London in the recruitment to the position of Section Manager – Foundation Learning.
The post holder will teach on and manage the curriculum and staffing arrangements within the Foundation Studies section and will ensure the recruitment, retention and achievement of students with a variety of Learning Difficulties and Disabilities. The post holder will also liaise with external bodies to ensure the Foundation curriculum develops in line with key national and local initiatives.
- To ensure the implementation of the College’s Employability & Enrichment Strategies including the effective use of Departmental Administrators.
- To ensure the implementation of the College’s Skills for Life strategy & SEND strategy.
- To teach on a range or programmes within Foundation Studies.
- To co-ordinate and advise on the production of course materials, including schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment schedules.
- To implement the College’s Quality policy.
- To provide leadership and direction in the implementation of sound practice in teaching and learning.
- To prepare course and staff timetables as directed by the Head of School.
- To assist the Head of School in the management of staff, and in inducting, supporting and development of staff.
- To act as Course Team Leader for specific course areas.
- To work with the Head of School to ensure that Annual Reviews for SEN learners are complete in a timely fashion.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified to degree level.
- An advanced level teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE/DTLLS).
- SENCO or other level 5 or above SEN qualification (desirable).
- Management qualification (desirable).
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful recent teaching experience in Foundation Studies.
- Good knowledge of current provision for learners with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.
- Understanding or quality assurance, curriculum and funding issues.
- Curriculum management/co-ordination experience.
- Team leadership/management experience.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.