Protocol are delighted to be an industry leading, specialist engineering training provider based in Derby. They are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer (mechanical) to join them.
The successful candidate will be confident, self-motivated and able to engage with all types of learners. They must be highly organised and able to multitask. A people orientated approach, excellent at presenting and assessing learning.
- Deliver mechanical engineering training to our Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician (MOET) apprenticeship group.
- Work closely with the Training Manager to ensure timely progress for all apprentices is made.
- Where needed, carry out the work-based assessment as well as in-class delivery.
- Work with learners, clients and colleagues to ensure that all training is effective and delivers positive outcomes in accordance with awarding bodies requirements
- Monitor and promote the health, safety and welfare of the learners and act accordingly where issues are identified.
- Act as a mentor and role model for these groups of learners and operate in a highly professional manner.
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 Maintenance (Mechanical) qualification
- At least 5 years industry experience
- Minimum Award in Education and Training (Certificate although the Diploma is preferred)
- Minimum Level 3 Assessor Award qualification
- Full UK driving licence
- Level 2 Mathematics and English
- Computer literacy e.g. PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- A good understanding of the MOET apprenticeship standard programme.
- An understanding of the Education Inspection Framework 2019
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.