Protocol are currently working with a fantastic provider of Further Education to recruit for a temporary Dyslexia Support Assessor / Tutor in the East London area!
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
- The post holder will make a full contribution to the design, delivery and development of dyslexia support, and ensure that learners with specific learning difficulties have access to education, training and accreditation.
- To develop, provide and oversee the full range of professional services associated with supporting learners with specific learning difficulties on their programmes of study.
- Deploy a wide range of teaching and learner-centred learning strategies that ensure that effective support is provided for learners.
- Stimulate and promote effective, student centred learning strategies for learners of all levels of ability.
- Contribute to the development of business/services and markets relevant to the programme team.
- Maintain, organise and make available to College management all statistical information in the forms of a service file and other records; to include student attendance, performance and achievement; records of any resources or projects placed under your direction and control; and other general information.
- Contribute to the co-ordination and support of agency/sessional staff as required.
The person & qualifications
- Level 7 PG Certificate in Teaching Adult Dyslexic / SpLD Learners in Further & Higher Education or equivalent. (We would consider an experienced tutor undergoing training who would be paid on a lower scale until training is complete)
- Teaching qualification (preferable)
- Qualification at degree level
- Minimum Level 2 in English and Maths
- A DBS on the update service or dated in the previous 12 months through Protocol
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.