Protocol are delighted to invite an experienced Mechanical Engineering Trainer/Assessor to join an FE college based in Loughborough.
We are seeking candidates who have experience as an assessor within Engineering to work on and off site as required to facilitate timely or relevant success of learners and provide a wide range of training solutions based on employer and learner needs. .
This position will be for 37 hours per week on a permanent basis.
- To promote the College and its subsidiaries as the first choice destine on for students,
employers and staff alike.
- To proactively promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of the work role and to assist in the leadership and management of compliance to the agreed Health & Safety policy and practice.
- To promote a positive approach to security and discipline within the College community.
Will also be responsible for the following:
- To lead on the planning, delivery and assessment strategies for work based learning courses and
apprenticeship standards to deliver high quality and challenging learning experiences.
- To lead on quality assurance and quality improvement ensuring consistent practice across the team.
- To internally verify all qualifications timely within the scope of area of responsibility, including
preparing sampling plans and supporting other IQA’s within the team and prepare for external
verification on visits within your subject areas.
- To set up, prepare and minute standardisation on meetings within your subject areas and support with the training of new staff and trainee assessors within your subject areas.
- Complete assessor and IQA Observations and support team members to meet requirements for vocational competence and continuous professional development.
- To drive forward the use of e‐portfolio systems and other changes in relation on to technology.
The person & qualifications
- Hold an assessing qualification
- Have experience as an assessor in Engineering
- Have a strong industry background
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.